Monday, April 27, 2015

Mobile Devices Give Directions... TO HELL!

I had some free time last night so I caught up on some shows saved to my PVR that I've been meaning to watch.  I used to be a big fan of the television show Supernatural - which if you haven't seen the show, the name pretty much tells you all you need to know. Now in its tenth season, I stopped watching religiously about two seasons ago.

But I've been saving an episode from this past February that I did not want to miss. The episode, "Halt & Catch Fire", was about a vengeful ghost who uses wifi networks to possess his victim's networked devices and kill them!

There's a selfie-obsessed teenager who meets her end from the cord of her device. My favourite victim though was killed by his possessed mobile device. He asks it for directions, but the device leads him far astray... until the "destination is dead ahead"!  Watch the clip:



I enjoyed this clip as I can relate! I had an evil GPS device insist I turn off the road in Hawaii and into an active volcano (I'm not exaggerating - read the details of my encounter).

Evil devices? It's not that far-fetched - GPS devices have resulted in many people's untimely demise - just google "GPS Device Deaths" to read of the many tragic cases.

Of course, those devices likely don't tell you to "Go screw yourself" first. That should be a tip-off that your device really is out to get you.

No comments: