Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Job Posting Sites for Canadian Internet Professionals

I looked at this blog's stats recently and noticed my post on Canadian Job Posting Sites for Internet Professionals from 2008 is not only my top blog post of all time but continues to be popular every month.

I haven't been on the look-out for a job in ages, but I know some of the sources I previously listed are no longer relevant. So I have updated my list and included it below.

All sites all appear to free for job-seekers. Rates for employers to post jobs vary greatly, from free (Craigslist) to expensive (Workopolis, Monster).

The Big Ones
These sites have a large number of Canadian jobs overall, and Internet jobs in particular. One can post one's resume here and create alerts to have postings emailed to you regularly.
  1. Craigslist
  2. Job Bank - job listings by Service Canada
  3. JobShark
  4. Kijiji
  5. LinkedIn
  6. Monster.ca
  7. Workopolis
Internet and IT specific
  1. Sitepoint
  2. Backbone
  3. ProBlogger - jobs for bloggers
  4. Dice
Communications & Digital Media
  1. International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
  2. - has Canadian and international listings
  3. JeffGaulin - journalism jobs
  4. Applied Arts design-oriented jobs
Non-profits
  1. Charity Village - usually has Internet and IT jobs posted
  2. Ontario Public Sector Careers
  3. Public Service Commission of Canada - jobs with the federal government
Miscellaneous
  1. Academia.edu - academic jobs
  2. Guru - for freelancers of various professions, including Internet)

No comments: