Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sign o' The Times

I've been term paper oblivion for the last few days. I have a big, weighty term paper due for all of my three classes, while I don't dislike my classes, I certainly don't find two of the three final assignments at all helpful.

The one assignment I am excited about is using semiotics to help understand folksonomies and/or social bookmarking. I chose semiotics as I previously hated it (as mentioned in an earlier post) and thought this would be a cool way to grow as a person and researcher. How foolish I was!

I don't know if I'll have anything earth-shattering to say about it, but once it's complete - and if I don't fail - I'll post it (or highlights) here.

In the meantime, for those asking me what semiotics or folksonomies are, here are some good short primers I found on YouTube.

Intro to Semiotics


Intro to Social Bookmarking and Folksonomies

No comments: