Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Blogging for dollars

Yesterday, while pining over the Mesh web conference line-up (that I won't be able to go to, sigh), I came across B5Media, a Toronto-based company that pays people to blog on their network. They also had a link on the site to job postings for bloggers at ProBlogger.

I had considered the idea a few weeks ago, when I received a print copy of Digital Journal, that mentioned they also pay people to blog. Digital Journal is also a Toronto company.

I don't think I want to do make Webslinger into a professional blog though.

Yes, I like money (but not in that Midas way).

But if Webslinger was professional, I wouldn't have the same freedom to publish more personal items that are a record I want to keep of my online life (see yesterday's posting). Also, I'd have to commit to regular updates and a more clear focus.

Basically, it would just take all the fun out of blogging.

It would be nice to get more exposure to my blog and, again, I like money, but if the fun is gone and the personal relevance too, then I don't see the point.

Today, I did see another way to make money online...

Globe&Mail currently has a contest to win $10,000 by adding your comments to their blogs and articles.

Webslinger doesn't offer a cent for your comments, but they are greatly appreciated.

No comments: