Thursday, November 02, 2006

Internet surpasses 100 million sites

Internet surpasses 100 million sites

I'm a bit dubious about the claim of 100 million sites. I'll bet it's much larger and we just don't have the ability to count them all.

Also, what is a "Site". I'm not sure a blog is a website. Some blogs do blur the lines of a website, but others are really just web logs and not a site per se.

Either way, I'm sure there are more sites out that haven't even been counted.

I have a couple relic websites (my "wedsite" for my wife and my wedding and an early portfolio site). There must be tons of sites like this - and more every day - that don't get counted.

Nonetheless, the Internet is growing faster than I imagined it would. Some security in knowing I'll have a meausure of job security.

No comments: